06 February 2016

The Hidden Harmony

I was baptized at Rome Catholic church when three months old. Until now I pray using Catholic tradition, and never use another religion tradition. But live as minority in the middle of Moslem make me know some of their tradition, include how they pray five times a day.

I admire it. I admire how the religion give guidance for their people to pray (salat) at least five times a day.

Live in small village with a mosque inside make me can hear adzan voice from pretty close distance. Honestly, sometime it’s too noisy. Especially when the man (or boy) who doing adzan doesn’t have good voice or doesn’t take it seriously.

But I really enjoyed adzan voice from dozen mosque around my house. Maybe it takes 2 or 3 kilometers from the place I stand. Like that evening, immediately all the things around me was so beautiful. The sky was turning dark, it was still blue, but not strong.

I remember when I was hiking with my friends. We are not a good hiker, physically, we are not that strong. So often, we stopped at hiking track because out of breath. From there, I often hear adzan voice from many mosques from the villages below.

That was very beautiful moment.

The adzan voices from different mosques build harmonization that I never expect before. Cold wind and fog that came to our face made that morning (subuh) was very majestic.

If I am Moslem, I am sure will immediately take my mattress and salat. But I am Catholic, so I just “say thanks” to God inside our heart.

Keep on that harmonize, my sister and brother. May your warm harmony spread in to each of our heart.

From “me”, your admirer.



Baca Tulisan Lain